Thursday, June 17, 2010

Coloring my hair with henna (Colora)?

I have several questions, if you have the time/experience. I heard that you can't highlight once you've used henna. Is that true? I haven't done it yet, and my hair is naturally dark ash blond. How often should I re-color it? I'm using Brown Colora. How fast does it wash out? Any recommendations or cautionary hints? TIA



Coloring my hair with henna (Colora)?

I suggest using a chemically-based dye that isn't permanent. A low-peroxide, no-ammonia product Like L'oreal Colorspa or Clairol Herbal Essences are safe bets. So are wash-out dyes and mousses.



The problem with henna is that the dye coats your hair and is permanent. It doesn't fade, you have to grow it out. Dying over henna is risky because chemicals may enhance the red or black or cause it to turn green and orange. You must avoid the sun, peroxide-based products and chlorine. It takes six months before you can dye it again and henna strips the hair of moisture and makes it dry and rough. It doesn't add shine. The above products will improve the look and feel of your hair. You could also use a highlighting kit from Revlon, which is low-maintenance.



Buy a good replenishing conditioner like Life Nut and Honey conditioner, KMS conditioner, Body Shop Banana or St. Ives Jojoba and Raspberry. Try using some hot oil or hot protein packs to add shine and prevent split ends. You can heat up almond oil and put it on the ends for a few hours, then wash it.



Coloring my hair with henna (Colora)?

Highlights and henna do not go together. And personally, I don't know how the Brown colora will go on the ash blond. Are you doing it yourself? If so, go to the website and make sure you've got the right color to cover ash, or do a preview on some hair. Snip a piece from underneath and go to town. This may make you love it or hate it, but best to do on a snippet first rather than a whole head!



Coloring my hair with henna (Colora)?

when u use henna n u need to make highlight at least u need 2 or 3 years to make it and that if u have a short hair..so don't even try it if u like to change Ur hair color every month...n if u use the colors u should recolor it every 45 days to have the shiny look



Coloring my hair with henna (Colora)?

dont use henna, it looks streaky and cheap!



Coloring my hair with henna (Colora)?

umm it wouldnt take much for it to wash out, henna is for your hands arms, etc, just so you know

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mileage rate