Saturday, June 19, 2010

Coloring hair less than 2 weeks I have gray hair showing at scalp...does my hair grow too quickly?

Most likely, No, your hair does not grow too quickly, your haircolor is fading too quickly. Stop coloring your hair at home with a box, you are only damaging it! Think of all the money you could have saved if you were just using GOOD haircolor from a salon and only coloring every 6 weeks. Go to a SuperCuts or a HairCuttery if you have them. They are the most affordable but they know what they're doing!



If it is a matter of hair growing too quickly, then you should switch to a less harmful color system. Redken Shades EQ is a great haircolor for you to try in the salon. It's a demi-permanent color that thinks it's a conditioner! Your hair will feel better AFTER you color! Also, you probably need to change shampoo and conditioners. You want something that is for color-treated hair, and professional products are always the best. My favorites are Redken Color Care shampoo and Conditioner and Biolage Color Care. If you are using a shampoo that says "moisturizing" or "For dry hair"- toss it out! These will only make your color fade faster.



If you insist on using a box of color from the store, there is a new color out, I think loreal makes it, that is a NO AMMONIA NO LIFT color. Try that, it will be better for your hair and it won't hurt it to be doing it that often.



My best advice is to see a professional. If you go to one of the salons I mentioned, walk in and just talk to one of them. Explain your problem. There is no charge for advice, and they will know what is best for your hair.



Coloring hair less than 2 weeks I have gray hair showing at scalp...does my hair grow too quickly?

Yes, your hair grows at break-neck finger nail speed!



Coloring hair less than 2 weeks I have gray hair showing at scalp...does my hair grow too quickly?

try using a better brand of color may help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mileage rate