Saturday, November 28, 2009

Will coloring my hair add texture? or volume?

I have stick straight hair, curls just do not hold, and blowdried volume goes flat in less than an hour. I am low maintenance, meaning I like to spend less than 15 minutes on hair in the morning, so my cuts do tend to be more basic.



I was wondering if adding color would help my hair. I've noticed that my hair has changed as I passed through my teenage years, and has lost some bounce.



I use bumble%26amp;bumble volume shampoo and styling spray.



Also, I have dark brown hair. It is now January. Lowlights or highlights??



Will coloring my hair add texture? or volume?

Colouring your hair changes its texture. It makes the surface of each indivdual hair rougher, as it has been chemically treated and made to be porous.



This does tend to add volume and texture to flat, straight hair like yours and mine (I can't curl my hair and have it last more than an hour, no matter what I do unless I spend at least 2 and a half hours doing it... And I know what I'm talking about, I'm a hair guru.. ).



If you are low maintainance, you should take into consideration that to prevent regrowth you would nee to re-dye your hair every 6 weeks to keep it in premium condition, and also up the amount of conditioner you use on your ends (a leave in conditioner is a MUST).



If you do decide to colour I suggest going with a block if you want to have maximum effect on the texture and volume of your hair... I'de go no more than one shade lighter or darker to begin with either.... If you have super dark eyebrows go darker, if not, lighter all the way - winter is on its way out in the clothing retailers!



Best of luck!



Will coloring my hair add texture? or volume?

highlights, but be careful if you color your hair alot it will get fried



Will coloring my hair add texture? or volume?

Depending on your coloring, you could go with a auburn or carmel-colored highlights. You would definitely get more texture from them. The way i understand it, the hair shaft kind of expands or swells from the chemicals.



Best bet -- go to a salon for at least the first highlighting session. There are do-at-home highlights, but it can be really hard to get it right, and you can look BAD unless you really know what you are doing!



Good luck -- highlights can really add dimension and life to your hair!



Will coloring my hair add texture? or volume?

be careful with highlights



Will coloring my hair add texture? or volume?

well color will not add volume or texture...with the acception of that lovely fried and dried out feeling, and you really don't want that.



if you are looking for volume, try Dove's volumizing mouse. After you get out the shower, put some in your hair and blow dry your hair with a big roller brush or blow dryer you hair upside down. This will add some volume.



Also my hair does not hold a curl to save it's life if I use a curling iron. As soon as I'm done, 15 minutes later it goes flat. The only way my curls will stay is if I curl it with a flat iron. yes a flat iron. I will do the mouse thing and blow dry it upside down and then I will take a flat iron and curl it all backwards to the back of my head and curl my hand just like a curling iron. It makes a really nice big curl and it stays all day long.



Will coloring my hair add texture? or volume?

Your hair is like mine it sounds. Color won't add texture or volume, but it can add shine! Well, it might look like texture if you leave the stuff on too long, but that would be the result of frying your hair. Volume you can only get by adding product to your hair and using a large round brush.



Highlights definitely. 3-4 shades lighter than your natural hair color. Make sure they work with your cut and show when you style your hair.



Will coloring my hair add texture? or volume?

I have always had very thick course hair and I highlighted my hair for close to 8 years and i don't think it adds any volume. As far as highlights I would wait until at least spring. I have dark hair also and for the eight years I colored my hair it was blonde!!!I I think dark hair since the middle of 07 and now is in, so I would wait for spring or summer!!



Will coloring my hair add texture? or volume?

Coloring you hair will not help with volume or texture. It would just do more damage to your hair. Try using a different kind of shampoo/styling spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mileage rate