Saturday, November 28, 2009

First time coloring hair, help!?

My hair is VERY dark brown, and I am trying to change to very light brown. Last night, I tried Clairol's Hydrience in Driftwood Light Ash Brown. I am relieved that I didn't turn my hair orange or anything crazy like that, but, it really didn't do anything. My hair is still as dark as it was before, and I have a VERY very hardly noticeable redish tint, which blends into the rest of my hair. I left it on for the max. 45 minutes like it said.



Since it really didn't do anything but leave a couple light redish orange highlights here and there, I still want to try something that will make it lighter. I was looking in L'Oreal's line Preference Les True Brunettes, which is specifically for dark hair going lighter and supposedly without brassiness, but when can I dye again? Since the last dye left my hair dark with only a couple hardly noticeable redish/orange areas, can I still dye over it, or what can I do? Any products that actually lighten dark hair without brassiness?



First time coloring hair, help!?

You can dye over ANYTHING, but my tried-and-true opinion is that you should go to a salon. Dying your hair too many times damages it because of the chemicals, and getting it done once and done right can help save your hair from harm. Don't just tell them what color you want though, because that's just asking for mess-ups, instead describe the color, and ask to see options that match it.



First time coloring hair, help!?

try getting it done perfessionaly, it might cost a little more, but its worth the result.



First time coloring hair, help!?

When i lightened my hair i used Color Oops, its normally used for taking out a color that you didnt want but it works just as good for lightening hair.



First time coloring hair, help!?

ok so never use anything that has the color ash in it it will mess up your hair bad believe me i went green instead of light brown the best brand of color is the garnie fructise thats what i use



First time coloring hair, help!?

you will invest in so many box colors that you would be able to go to a salon and have it done professionally ...w/ your dk.hair ..you would need a higher lift than just what a box color has to offer....a box color only has 20 vol developer...fantastic sams girls are experienced in color, w/ reasonable prices



First time coloring hair, help!?

Here is the deal..Color companies use a scale 1being black up to 11 being light blonde.



If the color you used has a 20 volume peroxide it will only lift 2 levels so if your hair color was a dark brown thats a level 4 or 5 so if it was a 4 you are now a 6 which has red highlights



sutle.Now since you have colored and deposited color you cannot lift any more with color alone now you would have to strip or bleach to get the color out it will stay on until the entire length that you have on your head grows off 1/2 inch a month. So your best bet and even then you may not get exactly what you want is to go to the salon and have them do it for you. Putting another color over this one will not lift it any.



First time coloring hair, help!?

Always you can do a strand test for yourself and decide what suits you best . More information at http://moreaboutcolor.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mileage rate